The Industrial Inspection and Pollution Control Department is responsible for the following:
- Inspect factories, establishments, works and practices that involve dealing with hazardous materials.
- Inspect installations, works and practices that include a radioactive source or a device that emits ionizing and non-ionizing radiation, in addition to devices and places affected by radiation, and monitor related violations and report on them.
- Audit the facility statement record, to ensure its compliance with the application of environmental protection standards.
- Develop emergency plans to confront environmental disasters, in coordination with the concerned administrative units and the competent authorities.
- Monitor and control environmental pollution incidents and take the necessary measures to address them, in coordination with the competent authorities.
- Prepare periodic and surprise inspection programs, to ensure the extent to which factories, establishments, sites and warehouses comply with the application of environmental requirements and standards and take samples.
- Monitor industrial environmental violations and report on them.
- Contribute to the preparation of waste management plans and programs in the country.
- Prepare plans and programs for monitoring the sources of air pollutants emission, and suggest means to develop and improve monitoring and follow-up processes.