A Qatari environmental activist who has planted more than 5,000 seedlings on the Qatari mainland in the past three years through his initiative “The Qatar Land Reforestation Initiative”, which began its journey by planting the first seedlings in 2019 and continued to distribute seedlings to the owners of estates, winter camps, schools and mosques.
The initiative aims to distribute and plant 10,000 seedlings within the next three years.
Ali Talib Ali Al Hanzab was also keen on preserving the local environment by watering the reserves with rare trees in the Qatari environment and spreading awareness in the community through welcoming visits to schools and sports clubs, conducting agricultural and educational workshops for the public, and receiving Arab communities and visitors from European and Asian countries and their participation in agriculture and watering trees.
His most notable environmental achievements:
- Launching an environmental initiative entitled: ” The Qatar Land Reforestation”.
- Planting more than 5,000 seedlings in the past three years.
- Preserving the local environment by watering meadows with rare trees.
- Spreading environmental awareness in the community; by welcoming visits to schools and sports clubs, conducting educational workshops for citizens and Arab communities, and participating with European and Asian visitors in planting trees in the country.
Awards and achievements of the reforestation initiative in Qatar:
The Qatar Land Reforestation initative has a prominent presence in local and environmental events in the State of Qatar and has achieved a number of achievements, most notably:
- Participated in the activities of celebrating the National Day 2021 under the slogan of “Ranches for Grandparents”
- Obtained the first place and participated in the second Qatar International Agricultural & environmental Exhibition (AgriteQ).
- Got first place in the Qatari Success Forum in its fifth edition, and the initiative was honored by His Excellency Sheikh Dr. Faleh Bin Nasser Bin Ahmed Bin Ali Al Thani, Minister of Environment and Climate Change.