The Environmental Operations Department is responsible for the following:
- Manage the main operations room in the ministry.
- Receive reports of disasters, crises and emergency environmental accidents that are received by the Ministry, and respond to them in coordination with the concerned departments.
- Inform the competent authorities inside and outside the Ministry of emergency environmental incidents.
- Coordinate plans to deal with the competent authorities in the country, in the event of an environmental emergency.
- Coordinate with government and private agencies regarding evacuation plans.
- Follow-up and evaluate the data received from early warning networks, in coordination with the concerned administrative units and the competent authorities.
- Provide and transfer data and information on emergency environmental situations to the competent authorities in the country.